Frequently Asked Questions

  • Does Denver have a campground?

    Yes, Denver has a small City campground with electric hookups.  The fee is $10.00 per night, payable at the City Hall.

  • How do I contact a police officer?

    For emergency calls, dial 911, for non-emergency dial 352-5400.

  • How do I get a building permit?

    Contact Bremer County Building and Zoning at 352-0332.

  • What are the brush dump hours?

    The brush dump is open 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.  seven days a week.

  • What is the Denver Post Office phone number?


  • When is it OK to burn yard waste in the city limits?

    Yard waste may be burned from Wednesday through Saturday, starting the first Wednesday in April and ending the last Saturday in May and again in October the first Wednesday through the last Saturday in November.

  • When are the City Council meetings?

    City Council meetings are the first and third Monday’s of each month unless there is a holiday, then the new date will be posted.  Special meetings will also be posted.  The postings are located in the City Hall vestibule and the Post Office lobby.

  • When the office is closed, where can I drop off my utility bill?

    There is a Utility Bill night drop just East of the South entrance of the new City Hall building at 100 Washington St.